Crunchy African Bananas
Bananas are grown in over 100 different countries throughout the world, and their sweet taste is very popular with children in Africa.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter Child Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 2 large bananas, medium-ripe
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave, about 45 secons.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Peel bananas; cut each banana lengthwise in half. Place cut-side down in baking pan. Brush with some brown-sugar mixture; sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bananas are lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Try using a different variety of banana such as a red banana.