|Servings:||6 to 8|
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced Oso Sweet onions
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, brown beef in 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat; drain and reserve.
- In same skillet, lightly brown onion, pepper, and garlic in remaining oil.
- Add tomato sauce, cumin, and oregano; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in beef, raisins, olives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring back to boil, simmer 10 minutes and serve over steamed rice with sautéed sliced ripe plantains and black beans.