Five-flavor Pound Cake
Five-flavor pound cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray decorative or regular 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift and measure flour in mixing bowl.
- Add salt and baking soda, sift again and set mixture aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating each well after adding.
- Add flour alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix for at least 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add extracts one at a time, incorporating each in mixture before next addition.
- Continue mixing batter until it is shiny, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into tube pan, and place pan in center of oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cake is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool cake slightly on wire rack before turning it out onto serving plate.
- Cool cake completely before drizzling with caramel.
- Combine brown sugar, milk, butter and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook until mixture is slightly thick, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Let icing cool slightly, and pour over cake.
- Icing hardens as it cools.