Fried Angel Hair with Red onion and Tomatoes
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Barilla
- 4 – 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups red onions, julienne
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) box Barilla™ angel hair
- ½ cup parmigiano cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Heat olive oil in lg skillet.
- Sauté onions over med heat about 10 min.
- Add tomatoes, basil and 1 cup water and simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer 5 – 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain and toss with ½ the sauce and parmigiano cheese.
- Adjust seasonings and allow pasta to cool.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan.
- Add pasta and fry until bottom is golden brown and crispy.
- Invert onto plate or cutting board.
- Return pasta to pan to cook other side.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Pour reserved sauce over pasta cake and serve.