Green and Yellow Bean Salad
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 lb yellow wax beans
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp peeled and minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced jalapeño or serrano chiles, or to taste
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar, or to taste
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- thinly sliced crisp fried shallots or garlic, if desired, for garnish
- Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat.
- Blanch beans separately until crisp-tender.
- Immediately plunge beans into ice water, drain and set aside.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together and toss beans with dressing to coat.
- Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Serve garnished with fried shallots, if desired.