This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb (500 g) eggplants
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- ½ tsp fresh coriander (or cilantro), chopped
- ½ tsp chives, chopped
- 1 whole garlic, mashed
- Peel the eggplant and cut into thin slices.
- Place in a heat-proof dish and steam for 20 minutes, or until very soft.
- Mash and let cool.
- Mix well with the sesame oil, salt, sesame paste,coriander, chives, and garlic and serve.