Nigerian Tofu Scramble
Serve piping hot over "buttered" English muffins.
- ½ lb very fresh tofu, mashed (waterpacked type, medium or firm)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Ener-G egg substitute for 3 eggs (dry) (optional)
- ¼ cup soymilk (approx)
- 8 oz soy sausage, crumbled or sliced (optional)
- 6 oz soy cheeze, sliced or shredded (optional)
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (your choice)
- salt and pepper
- English muffins, sliced and toasted
- margarine or oil
- In a bowl, mix mashed tofu, nutritional yeast, Ener-G, and soymilk.
- Heat 1 tbsp margarine in a large, heavy frying pan.
- Add soy sausage, and saute` until golden.
- Add tofu mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens somewhat, and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Add cheeze and stir until mixed/melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.