Orange-Honey Acorn Squash
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 small acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side up in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine juice and honey.
- Mix well.
- Add ½ tsp butter to each squash half.
- Cover pan with lid or foil tightly wrapped, and bake squash with butter for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake 30 minutes more until tender.
- Scoop out and mash squash; add juice and honey mixture then return to shells.
- Bake another 10 minutes.