Penne Primavera with Shrimp
The key here is that the recipe is made from this pasta. Take care, Gloria
- From "The Kitchen of Dreamfield's Pasta"
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas, about 12 oz
- 8 oz Dreamfield's penne rigate (3 cups uncooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups baby arugula (or spinach)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add carrots and snap peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, snap peas,salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and wineand cook until wine has evaporated.
- Add cream and lemonjuice, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together hot pasta with shrimp and vegetable mixture, arugula and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- 483 calories | 29 g protein | 19 g fat | 9 g saturated fat | 176 mg cholesterol | 390 mg sodium | 20 g carbs | 7 g dietary fiber
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/