Pork Liver Soup
This soup is cooked in a wok, that most versatile of pots
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. Pork liver, sliced very thin
- 6 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped water tai noodles.
- Heat wok until smoky hot. Add oil, swirling around sides of wok. Add finely chopped shallot and cook, stirring vigorously, until shallots begin to caramelize.
- Add liver slices. Sear to seal in juices. Add water or broth and bring to a slow boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped watercress. Cook for 1 minute.
- If using very fine Chinese noodles, add directly to pot, breaking apart with chopsticks. After one minute, remove from heat. The noodles will finish cooking during the serving.
- If using angel hair pasta, parboil for one minute, then add to the soup.
Serves 4 - 6