Quick Shrimp Gumbo
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: American Diabetic Association
- 4 servings
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- dash hot pepper sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz precooked jumbo shrimp
- Place all the ingredients except the shrimp in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot.
Per serving (3 oz shrimp with sauce and ¼ cup ric)e:
- Calories 182 (Calories from Fat 14) | Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 167mg | Sodium 396mg | Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g) | Protein 21g
- Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat | 1 Starch | 1 Vegetable