Sloppy Joes III
- 2 small green peppers, diced
- 1 large or 2 small onions, diced
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2½ cups tomato sauce
- 1½ cups TVP
- 2 tbsp mustard (or more)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Use leftover pieces of any rustic bread that's otherwise too hard to eat - it will hold up better than fresher breads
- In a very large covered frying pan, saute onions and peppers in water or oil.
- When soft, add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- When done, serve over toast, toasted English muffins, or rice.