- 4 strips cob smoked bacon, sliced very thin
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 1 bouquet garni
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 4 chef potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 oz dark rum
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- chopped parsley
- In large saucepan, slowly render bacon until crisp.
- Add carrots, onions, and bouquet.
- Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Add potatoes, squash, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 40 minutes, then puree.
- Add rum and lime juice.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Serve with chopped parsley.