Swedish Brown Sugar Cookies
A May Day tradition
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny World Recipes Y-Group
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 (18¼ oz) pkg. Pillsbury® Moist Supreme™ yellow cake mix
- ½ cup margarine or butter, softened
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except sugar; beat with electric mixer until well mixed.
- On well-floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out half of dough at a time to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 3-inch cookie cutter.
- Place ½ inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle each cookie with about ⅛ teaspoon sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets.