Tahini sauce is made from tahini - a sesame seed paste. Tahini sauce is thinner and used in pita sandwiches, marinades, and dips. Tahini sauce is very easy to make. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for about two weeks.
- ½ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- In a food processor or mortar and pestle, combine garlic and tahini.
- Add kosher salt.
- Remove from food processor and add olive oil and lemon juice.
- If too thick, add a teaspoon of warm water until desired consistency.
- Mix in parsley serve immediately or refrigerate.