Thai Shrimp and Rice
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of Thai shrimp and rice.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1½ cups jasmine or converted white rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz snow peas
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add scallions and garlic, saute 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Pour coconut milk into a 1 quart liquid measure and add enough water to make 3¼ cups.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, carrots and salt.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until rice is nearly tender.
- Stir in shrimp, peas, lime zest.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and the peas are tender.
- Garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro.