Turkey and Swiss Strata
Method for lasagna-casserole
- Spread English muffin in halves with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Line greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish with half the muffins, buttered side up.
- In the medium bowl combine turkey meat and cheeses.
- layer turkey mixture over the muffins in dish;
- Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Top with remaining muffins, buttered side up.
- In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce. Bring it to a boil; remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, parsley, dash of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Carefully pour over layers in baking dish.
- Press muffins lightly with back of large spoon to moisten muffin on top.
- Cover; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F, Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
- Check center to see if it comes out clean with fork. If clean, then it's cooked. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.