Warm Lentil Sprout Salad with Roast Duck
Makes 6 servings
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Bibb lettuce or other leaf lettuce
- 1½ pounds cooked duck, skinned and julienned
- 1½ cups sprouted lentils
- Whisk together soy sauce, oil, vinegar, plum sauce, garlic, cilantro and white pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper and green onions.
- Sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are beginning to brown.
- Add wild rice and white rice; stir to thoroughly blend. Heat until hot. Remove from heat.
- Place salad on lettuce leaves. Top with strips of duck and sprouted lentils; drizzle dressing over each salad.