Wyau Sir Fôn
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled
- 3 oz Caerphilly cheese, grated
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz flour
- 3 leeks, washed
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 pint milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until soft; drain.
- Chop the leeks and boil for ten minutes; drain.
- Blend potatoes and leeks in a large bowl; add pepper and mash.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from the heat.
- Blend flour into butter until smooth; slowly stir in the milk.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil for about three minutes (until mixture thickens).
- Add half of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove shells from eggs; cut each egg in half and place in a slightly greased casserole baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes and leeks around the edge of the dish; pour sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the dish, and brown slightly under oven broiler.
- Serve hot.