Cinnamon Rolls   are a warm breakfast treat.
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast (2 packages)
- 1 cup lukewarm (80-90 degree F) water
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 16oz box confectioners' sugar
- Grease four 9" round pans.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Combine vegetable shortening and sugar with boiling water, set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and combine with flour and salt.
- Combine all mixtures into one bowl and mix well.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and leave to rise for ~2 hours.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out the dough into a 19 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut up butter into small pieces.
- Place small butter pieces all over dough and cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up dough.
- Cut up dough into 1" slices, by using floss.
- Put rolls in pans, cover and let rise for ~2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt remaining butter and combine with milk and confectioners sugar, achieve a smooth consistency.
- Bake rolls for ~14 min, achieving light brown rolls.
- Right when rolls are removed from oven drizzle the icing on top.