- Grease a 14 cm x 21 cm (5.5" x 8.3") loaf pan.
- Combine yeast, Sugar and milk in bowl.
- Cover, stand in warm place for 15 minutes.
- Stir in eggs and essence.
- Combine flour, coconut and extra Sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture, mix to a firm dough, knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover, stand in warm place for about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size. * Knead dough until smooth, gradually knead in small pieces of the soft butter. * Place dough into prepared pan and stand in warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 °C (350 °F), bake further 40 minutes, covering loaf with foil if beginning to overbrown.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar just before serving, if desired.