Meatballs with Noodles Tossed in Yogurt
- In a bowl, combine the beef, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, salt, pepper, and half of the garlic.
- With clean hands, mix thoroughly, then shape the meat into ¾-inch meatballs.
- Set them aside.
- In a large, flameproof casserole, heat the oil, add the onion, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is very soft.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the meatballs.
- Cook, turning them often, until they lose their pink color.
- Add the plum tomatoes and remaining garlic.
- Cover the pan, turn down the heat, and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook the mixture for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring once or twice.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until they are tender but still have some bite.
- Drain the noodles and transfer them to a bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, garlic, and salt.
- Toss thoroughly and transfer to 6 wide bowls.
- Spoon meatballs around the edges of each bowl of noodles, add the mint to the center and serve at once.