Shrimp and Crab Bruschetta
Shrimp and Crab Bruschetta from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 x 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained
- 8 ounces peeled, de-veined, cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 x 8-ounce French baguette
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, lemon juice, chives, mint and garlic.
- Add crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, and onion and mix well.
- Cut baguette diagonally into ½-inch-thick slices. Brush each side with some of the remaining oil and sprinkle lightly with fresh ground pepper.
- Broil bread slices about 3-4 inches from heat for 1–2 minutes or until toasted. Turn and broil other side until toasted.
- Spoon equal amounts of the crab mixture onto each toasted slice of bread and serve.