Sourdough Beer Bread
Not a dense bread. It's a rustic looking loaf that ought to be just the thing with stews or hearty soups. With only 2 cups of flour, this makes a small (14 oz) loaf with a crunchy crust and a light interior.
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 cup King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lecithin granules
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup rye sourdough starter
- ¼ cup flat beer
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix starter ingredients together
- Leave at room temperature for about 3 days stirring when you think of it.
- When it starts to smell like a brewery, you can refrigerate it.
- Just bring it back to room temp before you use it.
- Place basic ingredients in pan in the order given.
- Bake on basic bread cycle. This can probably be timed.