Sweet Potato Buns
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp yeast
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 c cooked mashed sweet potatoes well drained.
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 3½ to 4 cups flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Add butter to sweet potatoes, beat to blend.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Heat milk to steaming and add to dissolved yeast.
- Add potatoes eggs, salt, sugar, and 2 cups of the flour.
- Spoon into a large bowl.
- Cover bowl with a damp cloth, and let rise in warm place until dough is doubled about 1 hr.
- Sift in remaining flour.
- Knead until smooth 10 minutes.
- Form into rolls about ½ in diameter.
- Place close together on buttered baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise again until double.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until tops are golden at 375°F.