Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup gold medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg
- Mix the 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour, Sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl.
- Add water, shortening and egg; beat until smooth.
- Stir in all-purpose flour until smooth.
- Scrape batter from side of bowl.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes.
- Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes.
- Spoon into 12 greased medium muffin cups.
- Let rise until batter rounds over tops of cups, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.