These are great on the barbecue. Serve with yoghurt sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp hot Hungarian paprika, or sweet paprika and a little cayenne
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- olive oil for basting
- 1 pint yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled, grated and drained 1 hour
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, thoroughly and roll the mixture into little "cigars" about 1 inch by 3 inches.
- Rub lightly with olive oil and grill or broil until done.
- Mix together all the ingredients