- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Beat the eggs and sugar and add the rest of the ingredients and keep aside.
- Mix rice flour, coconut milk, sugar, pinch of salt, cardamom and keep aside. Now both the batters are ready for steaming.
- Take a pressure cooker and pour some water and keep a greased small vessel in it.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of rice batter into the greased vessel and steam it till it is done.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of ghee evenly on the cooked layer.
- Now pour 2 tablespoons of egg batter and steam till done.
- When egg batter is cooked pour again 4 tablespoons of rice batter and steam it.
- No need to apply ghee on the egg batter. It should be applied only on the rice batter.
- Repeat the layers till both the batters are over.
- When all batter is over steam it again for 2 – 3 minutes and switch off the gas.
- Cool and remove from cooker and cut it into desired shapes and serve as a snack. When cut you can see the layers of white and yellow.