Ajiaco de Pollo Bogotano
- 2 oz butter
- 3½ lb Chicken, in serving pieces
- 2 large Onions, finely chopped
- 8 medium Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3½ pts Chicken Stock
- Cumin seeds
- 6 new potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 ears corn, each cut in three
- 3 tbsps capers
- ¼ pt double Cream
- Heat the butter and saute the Chicken peices with the Onion.
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes and the stock.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the new potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the Chicken peices and new potatoes .
- Return stock to casserole.
- Season to taste.
- Add the Chicken and potatoes, corn and capers.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and cook .
- Serve in deep soup plates with avocado sauce on the side.