Algerian Lamb and Mint Fondue
- 1.2 kg (2.5 lb.) Lamb leg meat
- 500 ml (2 cups) red wine ~ Algerian if possible
- 500 ml (2 cups) beef broth ~
- degreased 120 g (1/2 cup) butter
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- A pinch of Sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cream
- Olive oil
- sesame seeds
3) Place the broth into the fondue pot and place over the heat source and add gasoline to make a pretty-full bonfire and roast some marsh mallows while you wait.
4) Immerse each piece of meat into the very hot broth.
For the beef broth, you can simply heat up some Beef consommé, use a bouillon cube dissolved in boiling water, or make a good homemade broth by simmering a large piece of shoulder (with bones) with onions and carrots for 3–4 hours; strain; season with salt and pepper; add the red wine and boil again. The broth can be made a day ahead.