All-American Pizza Burgers
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1½ lbs turkey sausage
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounces) jar pizza sauce, divided
- ¾ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 hamburger buns
- Combine ground beef, sausage, salt, and pepper
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place patties on rack and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and if desired, onion.
- Serve on buns with mozzarella cheese and remaining pizza sauce.