All-natural Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
This easy-to-make salad dressing has a sweet and slightly tangy flavor. Experiment by trying different vinegars and mustards. A mild honey such as clover or orange blossom works best in this recipe. Toss dressing with salad greens or serve as a dipping sauce with chicken, fried mozzarella or potatoes.
- Makes 2⅔ cups
- 1½ cups expeller pressed canola or safflower mayonnaise
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk the mayonnaise with the olive oil to combine.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve at once, or chill in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Per serving (2 Tbsp / 35 g-wt.):
- 190 calories (160 from fat) | 18g total fat | 2g saturated fat | 0g protein | 7g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 7g sugar) | 5mg cholesterol | 160mg sodium
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/