Almond Muffins with Lemon Butter
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoffman Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1992.
- 1¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled pear
- ½ cup chopped almonds toasted
- Lemon Butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Mix dry ingredients then make a well in center.
- In separate bowl mix egg, milk and oil then add all to well in dry mixture.
- Stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Carefully fold in pear and half of the almonds.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top then bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from cups and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with lemon butter.
- To make lemon butter beat butter, sugar and lemon juice with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in lemon peel and allow to stand 1 hour to develop flavors.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Groupp" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/s