Ancho Chili Butternut Squash Purée
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Huey Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1988. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 large ancho chili
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Put ancho chili in small saucepan and cover with water then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes then remove chili from liquid.
- When cool enough to handle stem chili and split open and scrape out the seeds.
- Meanwhile put squash in a saucepan and cover with water then bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes then drain well and transfer to food processor.
- Add chili and cumin then process until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately==References==
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group