Andersen's Split Pea Soup
From Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: My Old Recipes
- Serves 8
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups green split peas
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp thyme
- dash red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- Mix water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in large kettle.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil vigorously for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until split peas are tender.
- Press soup through a fine sieve and reheat to boiling point.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group