Angels on Horseback I
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 12 oysters in shells
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 lemon — thinly sliced
- Place 6 oysters in round glass casserole.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave 45 to 60 seconds on high, or just until shells open slightly. Do not cook oysters.
- Repeat with other 6 oysters.
- Remove oysters from shells.
- Season with pepper; place 6 slices of bacon on roast rack, set in glass dish.
- Cover with paper towel; cook 2 minutes on high.
- Repeat with rest of bacon.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each oyster; secure with toothpick.
- Place on rack, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes on high or until oysters are cooked.
- Rotate dish ½ turn, ½ way through cooking time.
- Serve with lemon slices==References==