Apricot Rice Pudding
- 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/8 cup water
- 2 (1 lbs) cans apricot halves in juice, drained
- 2 cups milk (approx.)
- 3/8 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Have a 1qt. shallow bowl handy.
2. Put the rice in blender, blending until fine.
4. Pour the drained apricots in blender, and blend until smooth.
7. Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture begins to a boil.
8. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from heat & stir in extracts.
10. Stir to blend.
11. Pour pudding into a bowl and allow to cool at room temperature for 1/2 hour, then chill.
12. When pudding is cold, serve.