Aromatic Black Tiger Shrimp
- Add to blender: cilantro, galangal, lemongrass, coriander seeds, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and water.
- Blend into a very smooth paste and set aside.
- Soak the tamarind pulp in about 4 tablespoons of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scrape the flesh away from the pulp to release the tamarind flavor into the water.
- Discard the pulp. Set the tamarind juice aside.
- In a wok (a 12-inch sauté pan is an adequate substitute) over high heat add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the paste and stir constantly for approximately 2 minutes, until the aroma is released.
- Transfer the cooked paste into a bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoons of oil to the wok. Add the Shrimp and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add all of the sliced vegetables and stir fry for 3 to for minutes, until the vegetables have reached your desired tenderness.
- Add the paste, chicken stock, salt, Sugar, and tamarind juice and stir fry for two more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and served immediately.