Aromatic Chicken Rice
- Serves 2.
Rice and chicken
- 2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- chicken pieces (you can use your favourite parts)
- 1 cm ginger, shredded finely
- 1 cm garlic, minced
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 screwpine leaves
- salt to taste
- Cook chicken in water with screwpine leaves and salt for 20 to 30 minutes (do not overcook).
- Remove chicken, reserving stock for rice.
- In a saucepan, fry garlic and ginger in hot oil until golden and fragrant.
- Add rice, cloves and cinnamon stick and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add screwpine leaves, pour in enough chicken stock to cook rice.
- Put ginger, red chillies and garlic in a food processor and grind.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce/salt and sugar according to taste.
- Squeeze a little lime before serving.
- You should have a hot, sweet and sour sauce.
- Serve the rice with the chicken pieces garnished with sliced cucumber and chillie sauce.