Fried lamb burgers
- 500 g (1 lb 2oz) minced lamb
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped (stem discarded)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g (4 oz) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons garam masala
- 700 ml (1¼ pint) water
- 100 ml (3½ oz) oil, for frying
- Place chopped parsley in a large bowl and add chopped onions, garlic, salt, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, baking powder and flour then add meat and mix.
- Beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the beaten eggs to the mixture, add the water and mix well. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the oil in a frying pan and heat for 2–3 minutes on medium heat. Using a tablespoon scoop from the mixture and fry, making round shapes, frying 2 – 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and slightly crisp.