Arroz Blanco I
- 2 Cups of white long grain rice.
- 3 Cups of cold water
- 1½ Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- Place rice in a 2 quart pot or colander and wash in cold running water until the water comes up almost clear. drain rice and add 3 cups of cold water.
- Add oil and salt and stir and place on stove on high heat bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low let simmer for 30 minutes do not uncover or attempt to stir once the cooking process has started turn burner of and let stand for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- This recipe should serve, that is depending on your appetites at least 5 generous servings.
- If you follow the above directions you should have a nice full grain non sticky rice.