Asparagus Polenta Bake
- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 oz asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 – 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (16 oz) prepared Italian-herb polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) (about 8 halves), sliced 
- ¼ – ½ cup (1 – 2 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sauté mushrooms and asparagus in oil in large skillet 2 to 3 minutes; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mash polenta in medium saucepan; mix in water and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins or a shallow casserole or quiche dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F.
- Until cheese is browned and polenta puffed, about 20 minutes.
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/
- If sun-dried tomatoes need to be softened, soak in hot water to cover, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving (⅙ of recipe):
- 110 Calories | 2.2g Fat | 4.2g Cholesterol | 94mg Sodium | 5.4g Protein | 16.7g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable | ½ bread | ½ fat