Assam Laksa Stock
From Recidemia English
- Ethnicity - Assamee, North East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
Spice Paste (grind together)
- Mix water with tamarind and strain.
- Bring tamarind water to the boil. Put in spice paste and daun kesom.
- Add salt and Sugar to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Put in flaked fish, stir well and remove from fire.
- Serve the stock with laksa noodles and garnish with shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onions and chillies.
- Add a few mint leaves and sprinkle some finely sliced ginger buds and add a tablespoon of Shrimp paste (har koe).