Ayurvedic Fruit Salad
Fresh fruit is a welcome addition to any festive table. This blend of Vata pacifying fruit and spices works perfectly as a colorful side dish or appetizer.
- Serves 6-8
- 6 cups prepared mixed fresh fruit (For the Vata season, choose from such Vata pacifying fruits as strawberries, pineapple, mangoes, papaya, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, watermelon and oranges; choose firm fruit and prepare bite-sized pieces)
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons Vata Churna
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered brown sugar
For the Garnish
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts etc.)
- 1 small sprig of fresh mint, washed
- Place the prepared fruit in a large salad bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, heat ghee in a small pan. Saute the Vata Churna in the ghee until the spices release their aroma. Remove promptly from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the other ingredients until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently until evenly coated with the dressing. Garnish with the chopped nuts and mint. Serve immediately.