Bajan Rice And Stew
- Wash and cut Beef into bite sized pieces then rub with the Bajan Seasoning and tomato ketchup.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and stir fry the meat for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the gravy browning and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot and potatoes, adjust the seasonings with a little seasoned salt, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add a little more water if necessary.
- The meat should be tender after 45 minutes of cooking but if not go a while longer.
- Place the Peas, salt Pork and the thyme in a pan with 4 cups water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until Peas are tender.
- Wash and drain rice and add to the pan.
- Pour in enough water to just be level with the rice and Peas mixture.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to its lowest level, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes