Baked Beans Panama
- 8 oz broad beans
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 rashers of bacon, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup stock or water
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the beans overnight in plenty of water.
- Drained and pressure - cook in enough water for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Strain Mix all ingredients well Pour into a casserole and cover with lid.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 1¼ to 1½ hours.
If this is to be made in a hurry, use a can of baked beans