Baked Chicken and Artichokes
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.foodfit.com
- Number of servings: 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 9-oz bag frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 oz each
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, artichokes,mushrooms and peppers, season with salt and pepper, cook for 2 more minutes and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts into ½-inch wide strips.
- Season the chicken pieces with rosemary, salt and pepper and place them in a large baking dish in a single layer.
- Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly over the chicken and add the wine and broth.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Per serving (1 breast):
- 284 Calories | 12g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 6g Fat | 43g Protein | 1g Saturated Fat | 488 mg Sodium