Baked Chicken and Dumplings
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves uncooked
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 10 ounce package frozen sliced carrots
- ½ teaspoon dried sage crushed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine milk and oil then gradually stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well into a dough consistency and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of casserole then cover with onion,celery and carrots.
- Evenly sprinkle sage and pepper over vegetables and pour broth over dish.
- Using the dough mixture form 2-inch balls and drop into casserole.
- Cover tightly and bake for 1½ hours.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group