Baked Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
- Combine butter and ¼ c Sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with awooden spoon until well blended.
- Add eggs and molasses, mixing well.
- Dredge candied fruits and pecans in 2 t flour; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour and next 5 ingredients
- Add to creamedmixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flourmixture.
- Stir fruit mixture into batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 2 quart ring mold.
- Cover withfoil.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 ½ hours.
- Unmold onto serving platter.
- Spoonbrandy sauce over pudding.
- If desired, soak Sugar cubes in lemonextract.
- Arrange soaked Sugar cubes evenly around heat-proof servingplatter, and ignite just before serving.
- My note: don't drink too much before flaming this one on.