Baked Flounder au Gratin
Excellent seafood dish!
- 1 large flounder (about 2 lbs)
- salt (optional)
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat margarine
- ½ cup minced onion
- To help save on time, have your fish market remove the scaled, insides, head and tail from the fish before bringing it home to cook.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle salt (optional) and lemon juice on the flounder and lay in a non-stick baking pan.
- Cover the flounder with breadcrumbs, cheese, small lumps of margarine, and onion.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Baste the flounder from time to time to keep moist.
- Exchanges: ½ starch | 3 very lean meat | ½ fat
- Calories 167 | Calories from Fat 55 | Total Fat 6g | Saturated Fat 1g | Cholesterol 48mg | Sodium 254mg | Carbohydrate 8g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 2 g | Protein .19 g
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/